New Life



This month, we experienced a tremendous loss with the passing of a family member. My uncle Allan was a fun, loving and remarkable man who was taken from us too soon but will be forever remembered. Before he passed, we visited him in hospital and he shared that he was writing a song. He only had a few lines but he sang what he had and it got him through the scary days of test after test. A couple of weeks later, his condition worsened. I came home after a particularly tough hospital visit and sat in my living room praying. I had a feeling that this song needed to be written. It was to be our song which triumphed over death.



New Life
Written by Allan Alexander Ignatius & Melisa Ann
Music by Jason Teoh

Verse 1
When I am troubled and greatly weighed
My heart pants and my words they fail
In Jesus I will hope and put my trust
For You O Lord, strengthen my heart

Chorus
Pin it on the cross
Your sickness and pain
Pin it on the cross
Your troubles and your shame
Jesus took it all, He wiped it clean
That was when, new life began
New life began

Verse 2
This load I think I cannot bear
Or catch a breath, amidst despair
Then through the haze, I feel your gaze
That’s when I’ll sing my loudest praise

Bridge
Hallelujah is the song I’ll sing
Hallelujah to my risen King

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace of Wild Things

Knitted together

28