things i've learned

If you're a graphic designer or in advertising, one of the first names you would have come across is Stefan Sagmeister. Owner of the design firm Sagmeister Inc. in New York City, he's known as a design God. Like seriously.

After watching him on TED Talks, I've taken to writing down some of the things he has discovered over the years...

Things I've learned in my life so far:
  • helping other people helps me
  • having guts always works out for me
  • thinking life will be better in the future is stupid. i have to live now
  • starting a charity is surprisingly easy
  • being not truthful works against me
  • everyting i do always comes back to me
  • assuming is stifling
  • drugs feel great in the beginning and become a drag later on
  • over time i get used to everything and start taking for granted
  • money does not make me happy
  • travelling alone is helpful for a new perspective on life
  • keeping a diary supports personal development
  • trying to look good limits my life
  • material luxuries are best enjoyed in small doses
  • worrying solves nothing
  • complaining is silly. either act or forget
  • actually doing the things I set out to do increases my overall level of satisfaction
  • everybody thinks they are right
  • low expectations are a good strategy
  • whatever I want to explore professionally, its best to try it out for myself first
  • everybody who is honest is interesting
And then of course there's that chance to use these sudden inspirations and get creative! Like here: http://thingsihavelearnedinmylife.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitted together

The Peace of Wild Things

28