SEEK

Bible.com


When I was in my twenties, I had a huge meltdown over this verse from Jeremiah 29:13. 

"You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."

I was at a point in life where I had lost all hope and I hadn't even the strength to get out of bed. I did still flip through my bible every now and again hoping for a verse or maybe even just a word that would get me through another day. 

So when I came across the word SEEK, I felt doomed. I thought to myself, "You mean I've got to get out of bed, and seek YOU? Like go out and FIND you? Aren't you like here already seeing me through this? 

I worked myself into a right frenzy at the thought that God was going to pass me by or that He'd be hidden from me, His plans hidden from me because I didn't have the strength to seek. Didn't have the energy to sit and talk to Him.

I laugh about this now as I finish hearing four back-to-back sermons from my pastor about SEEKING GOD. I remember that doomed feeling I experienced all those years ago. Panic creeping into my every bone. I still cringe a little at myself when this verse comes up but I also grin (inwardly mostly) at how far I've come from being that weeping mess. 

He found me right where I was. God isn't playing Hide-and-Go-Seek with us. Which is what it often feels like for sure. But He's just there, His eyes trained on you, watching you fall and falter but waiting, waiting for you to reach out your hand, so He can pick you up and say "I've got you."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Peace of Wild Things

Knitted together

28